Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Introducing Sojourn!!!




In case you haven’t caught on by now, the cosmetics industry isn’t just a pretty face: there are some
serious chemistry brains behind your favorite volumizing mousse or age-defying foundation. But
lately, we’ve been noticing beauty brands truly embracing the science-nerd side of their products
instead of hiding it behind some prettily packaged gimmick or another. We, for one, are fans of this
smarter side of the beauty biz – and of the industry’s recognition that its consumers know the
difference between a wishful-thinking “miracle” cure and a product that actually does as it promises.

Mark Christopher Salon is proud to introduce our newest product line - SOJOURN!

Sojourn, a haircare line backed by the cachet of co-founder Elan Sassoon, promotes the idea of
“positive chemistry,” a concept Sassoon and his team arrived at by studying hair at its optimum
natural state.  Another factor Sojourn takes into account is one of hair’s natural building blocks:
keratin. Incorporated into each product in the line, Sojourn’s Keratin Cashmere Protein works to
moisturize the hair cuticle from the inside out, preventing split ends and other breakage. 

And if all that isn’t enough, the line is also 100% biodegradable and free of parabens,
formaldehyde, sulfates, and artificial dyes and colors.

 Here are a few of our favorites so far!!


 Sojourn Shampoo Moisture: 
All I have to say about this shampoo is that after applying and lathering it through my hair, it felt so
moisturized I didn’t think I needed any conditioner to accompany it! The shampoo smells wonderful
– with a hint of citrus. It left my hair healthy-looking and silky soft to the touch. I can definitely
understand the power of the exclusive Keratin Cashmere Protein they use in this product – it does
leave your hair permanently conditioned. 


Sojourn Conditioner Moisture:
Okay…so I know I just said that I didn’t necessarily need the conditioner after the shampoo, but I
used it anyways—and guess what, my hair was even MORE moisturized. I used both the shampoo
and the conditioner first thing in the morning right after I woke up. My ‘bed head’ hair had tangles
galore. After using this conditioner my hair felt as if I brushed them all out. On the bottle it advises
you to leave the product in for two to three minutes (so it acts more like a deep conditioner). 
I saw a result after one minute.



Sojourn Monoi Oil:
In other words. Wonder oil. It’s an ultra-light yet deep conditioning treatment specially
formulated for chemically treated, dry, frizzy or environmentally damaged hair. This hydrating oil
absorbs almost instantly and it doesn’t leave any residue or build up. When you first apply it,
you can feel it in the hair. After about 15 minutes you can’t even tell it’s there. 
Hair feels a lot softer after this product.


Sojourn Texture Molding Paste:
This paste has a thicker texture than the taffy, so it enables you to add a little more definition to any
cut or style. You can use this product to create soft and loose curls or to stand hair straight up.


 Sojourn Leave-in Detangler:
It’s good to use for a little extra moisture and for tangle-protection! Comb this product through with
a large toothcomb, and know that it can be used alone or before applying products.


Sojourn Shampoo Colour Preserve: 
This is formulated with a potent plant-derived UV inhibitor for maximum protection against
environmental free radical damage caused by UV light. The low pH locks in color and prevents
premature fading for richer, vibrant, longer lasting color and shine.



Sojourn Conditioner Colour Preserve:
This product provides extra UV protection for colored, chemically treated hair as well as hair 
that has been overexposed to the harsh effects of heat, wind and the sun. 
Works just like Sojourn Moisture Conditioner.



Sojourn Sculpting Taffy:
 I used a small amount on my hair while it was dry (you can use it on wet hair too). It added a little
texture/separation to my layers and smells marvelous — like roses! This is an all-in-one sculpting
tool that gives extra hold, shine and protection to long, short, or in-between styles.
Contains maracuja oil, so it fortifies hair as it styles. 



Sojourn Thermal Protection Straightener:
 I found this is a useful product. I have used it for the past week before I straighten my hair with a
flatiron. In any situation, you should apply it BEFORE applying heat on dry hair. I sprayed it on my
hair from roots to ends, one section at a time for maximum protection and moisture. 


Sojourn Wet/Dry Volume Gel:
  I took about a quarter amount of this gel and applied it at the ends to my roots. It left my hair
weightless and soft. After blow-drying my hair it was like Va-Voom Volume! It works also in dry hair
for a more piece-y look.So what was my favorite aspect about the entire collection besides the healthy
effect it had on my hair? The scent. Floral, Herbal, Citrus…I got a surprise from ever bottle I opened.
Trying out Sojourn was definitely a pleasant experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment